The Sharing Tree is an exciting new community connection program that rewards members for sharing the things they love through a neighbourhood points system!
What is the Sharing Tree?
Earn points by:
- Completing a task for someone
- Teaching someone a skill
- Lending out equipment
- Volunteering time through community services partners.
Spend points by:
- Getting help from another member
- Learning something new from another member
- Participating in arts and craft, leisure and sporting activities, visiting local attractions or attending training courses through small business partners.
Register now and receive 50 'early bird' bonus points that can be spent on:
Register and Earn in three simple steps
1. Register online to earn 50 bonus points as an ‘early bird’ member!
2. The Sharing Tree team will follow up with you through our safety and verification process.
3. List what you have to offer to earn additional points e.g. complete a task, teach a skill or lend out equipment. See our marketplace for ideas…
The Sharing Tree is great for developing meaningful relationships with locals and for being rewarded for volunteering in the way you want. Melbourne has been crying out for something like this!Adrian Loombah, Yarra City Council, Sharing Tree member
I’ve been wanting to do something to give back to the community – this provides extra motivation because I am also being rewarded for my time.Nicole Formosa, Merri-bek City Council, Sharing Tree member.
It’s a great tool for connecting into my new neighbourhood and to feel a part of the community; while being rewarded for it!Sophie Dahm, Darebin City Council, Sharing Tree member.
A partnership approach
Uniting Vic Tas coordinates the Sharing Tree, bringing together individuals, community and sports groups, businesses, community services, arts, culture and entertainment organisations across Melbourne to build a powerful resources and skills network.
The Sharing Tree is a pilot project supported by funding from the Commonwealth and Victorian Governments and Equity Trustees.