Uniting Vic Tas is looking for “Community Connector” Volunteers, who are:
- Interested in connecting with people and building a sense of community:
- Able to organize and plan;
- Willing to commit at least three hours per week over one year; and
- Welcoming and friendly to all types of people.
As a Community Connector, you will:
- Support a socially isolated person to build sustainable and fulfilling connections in their community;
- Research and identify potential social activities available;
- Facilitate contact with social activity organisers;
- Connect by phone, get-togethers via video, and in-person where possible; and
- Connect with the opportunities presented by Uniting’s “The Sharing Tree” program.
As a Community Connector, you will benefit by:
- Gaining a greater sense of community and belonging;
- The satisfaction of being helpful to the community, sharing your skills, and making a positive difference in an older persons life;
- Expanding your friendships and professional networks;
- Gaining community development and facilitation experience;
- Being part of a network of Community Connectors – sharing and learning;
- Receiving engaging benefits through our volunteer reward system “The Sharing Tree”;
- Being part of an innovative project, seeing it grow and develop; and
- A greater sense of wellbeing, purpose, and meaning in your life.