Step 1: Get verified
Members sign-up online, via the phone, through one of our regular events, or, for eligible community members that need assistance, through a volunteer community connector (get in touch for more information about this supporting role).
The Sharing Tree team will follow-up with you through our safety and verification process. This safety and verification process is further outlined in the terms of service, and involves:
- a satisfactory police records check (which you must repeat every 3 years)
- an international police check (if you have lived outside of Australia in the last 10 years for 12 months or more)
- a Statutory Declaration (if you were born outside of Australia and lived there for a period of time after turning 16)
- a current Working with Children check
- for those eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccination, evidence of full vaccination status (including obtaining further COVID-19 vaccinations and boosters as and when they become available and providing evidence of this to Uniting’s satisfaction).